Add a new device
Last Update één jaar geleden
This article explains how to add a device to your account.
Before you adding the device to your account, make sure you complete the pre-required steps:
- Have EXTRA WiFi device:
You can get a device on EXTRA WiFi Store or use an EXTRA WiFi Device that you have from another account.
- If you are trying to add a brand new device, then you first need to Install device firmware.
- If it is the first time you add a device on this account and never had an EXTRA WiFi location, it is unblock the dashboard
- Before starting the steps below, connect the device to an internet source: Using LAN cable, connect EXTRA WiFi device to internet source: Device WAN port to local router LAN port.
Steps for adding a new device to your account
- Login to your account dashboard.
- On the side menu go to System -> Devices
- Click the button "New Device"
- Enter the device MAC number. You can find the device MAC number on the back of your device.
Make sure that you enter the correct digits/letters. The MAC number can contain only the follow digits: 0123456789ABCDEF
- Set the device general information. You will be able to update this information later. Click next.
- In case this device is a new device you will have to purchase a license. The license is a one time payment that gives life time license for this specific device.
- After verifying the license the device is added to your account. In order to see the device on your account, on the side menu go to System -> Devices then you will see a list of all the devices you have in your account. The new device will appear in the list of your devices.